Friday, July 28, 2017

HOQH - Two more blocks!

I've managed to get two more of the Honouring our Quilting Heritage blocks made, they're really fun to put together. Remember that they're only 6" finished, some of the pieces end up being quite small!

Block 25 - Railroad

Block 32 - Lost Ships

Once again, the blocks are all made up from scraps. The bottom one is made up entirely of scraps gifted to me by my sweet friend Donna. I always love to remember where fabrics came from, or from what quilt I used them in. I'm surely getting lots of practice making half square triangles, and there are a lot more on my horizon too!

In my last post I mentioned the 'People Quilt' project, and a lovely reader Janet asked me which one that was. There is a whole big story that goes with the People Quilt, it was Amy's favourite cot quilt when she was little, so I just threw that name out there again possibly without explaining, but it's the project I'm working on slowly with the fabric leftover from Amy's People Quilt. I haven't done much, but I like the way it's heading:

I hope to get some more of the applique done this afternoon, and if I'm really good, maybe I'll get another block prepped ... who knows? :-)

Yesterday was our first day back at stitching class after the school holidays, and I had the most lovely surprises from my sweet ladies. Pam was so thoughtful and gave me some chocolate coated almonds as a treat for winning ribbons with my quilt. She's just adorable - I shared them with the ladies in class as it would be way too easy to scoff them all myself.

Manuela knows my love of Nutcrackers and gifted me the adorable decorations you see above. And Norma just got back from a holiday in South Africa and kindly brought home some darling fridge magnets that you see there. I am so blessed to have such sweet and generous ladies that come to class with me - I honestly love them all to bits.

Well, I'm going to get busy on my applique, so hopefully I'll have something to share with you soon! xoxox

2 comments:

Janet said...

Wow, 6" and so many pieces in the blocks, they are perfect. Thank you for the explanation on "the people quilt". The blocks are so cute. You have some wonderful ladies, great gifts. Happy weekend.

Kyle said...

Delightful scrappy blocks. So many fun fabrics included.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails