Sunday, March 03, 2013

Make some stars!

I've been busy working on my scrappy stars They're great for using up some of my small scrappage - and let's face it, I have SO MANY scraps! Would you like to make some too? The blocks are just darling, finishing at 4". If you'd like to get busy too, here's what you'll need:

Four 1.5" light fabric squares
Four 1.5" x 2.5" light fabric rectangles
Eight 1.5" medium/dark squares
One 2.5" medium/dark square

And here's how you put them together:



You use the flippy corner technique to make up the flying geese units with the light fabric rectangles and the medium/dark squares. Super easy, and has been around forever, but if you're a beginning quilter and don't know it, just let me know and I'll go into more detail.

And when you've had your fill of that fabric combination, then you can make some in the reverse colourway, replacing lights with darks and vice versa. Super fun.

Here are the blocks I worked on yesterday:


It's so much fun working with scraps - remembering the projects the fabrics were originally used in. And then there are the other scraps that I have no idea where they came from or how they ended up in my scrap boxes. Baffling!

Today I have a fun outing planned with my friend Kath, we're heading to Wohlers, so hopefully I'll be able to share some treasures with you when I get home :-)

4 comments:

Karendianne said...

What fun!!!

Pip said...

You have been busy :) if I were to give you my scraps you could make stars for me lol

Patti said...

Love your scrappy stars! This is one of my favorite kinds of piecing. Grab and sew without thinking. It's for projects like this that I cut scraps into triangles and squares.

Hope you find goodies on your shopping trip!

Andra Gayle said...

I LOVE your scrappy stars! Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails